Sushi Style Wraps - With Sarah Moore27 Jul 2020
Nutritionist Sarah Moore is back with another healthy lunch recipe idea!
Sushi Style Wraps
Sushi style wraps are a fun take on a simple cheese and salad wrap. They’re easy for little hands to eat and interesting enough to keep the big kids happy too. Hummus is a nutritious alternative to butter providing less fat but more protein and fibre.
2 wholegrain wraps (I used Helga’s)
¼ cup hummus
2 leaves iceberg lettuce, shredded
¼ cup grated reduced-fat cheese
½ carrot, peeled and julienned
½ Lebanese cucumber, halved and finely sliced
- Generously spread each wrap with two tablespoons of hummus.
2. Lay the ingredients in neat vertical lines, down the wraps, leaving a 4-5cm gap at each end.
3. Firmly roll the wraps from right to left, finishing with the seal side down.
4. Use a sharp knife to trim 1-2 cm from each end, then cut each wrap into four pieces of ‘sushi’.
5. Store cut wraps in an airtight container for up to 24 hours before serving. Pack an ice brick alongside lunchboxes in an insulated lunch bag to keep the wraps fresh.
Sarah Moore Registered Nutritionist (BSc, MPH)
Sarah Moore Wellness